ROLE SUMMARY – Senior Conference Producer
KNect365 Life Sciences, formerly IBC Life Sciences a division of Informa, is a leader in quality education and networking through conferences and training, and part of the largest publicly owned events business in the world. We are expanding upon our portfolio of events and emerging areas of expertise and we want you to be a part of our success. Timing couldn’t be better to join our team!
We are looking for a creative, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial Senior Conference Producer to lead one of our key Life Sciences event portfolios creating and developing commercially focused, issue-oriented conferences to meet the demands of the industry. We are looking for someone who is ready to take ownership of a group of events and help determine future strategy and direction of that event series, one that is at the heart of the industry.
You will be responsible for the entire production process for all events in the series, creating world-class events from concept to delivery. Key responsibilities will include understanding the industry and audience, researching content, designing cutting-edge agendas, securing best in class speakers, building relationships with key industry figures, developing digital offerings out of your events, and establishing yourself as a thought leader within the sector.
You will also be expected to identify new growth opportunities in the sector through revenue-generating topics, introducing innovative features and formats to the conferences and working with the sales and marketing teams to develop strategies to ensure the commercial success of your events.
This is a unique opportunity not only to work in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving business but also to be a part of the largest conference company in the world.
- Producing 3-4 multi-stream conferences per year
- Working with (and reporting to) the US Life Sciences Portfolio Director to help set the event series’ strategy for the year
- Identifying new topics and commercial opportunities within the portfolio through in depth market analysis
- Researching and designing conference agendas that reflect the latest trends in the industry
- Working closely with the marketing and delegate sales teams to maximize audience and delegate revenue
- Working closely with the portfolio commercial manager to help identify and secure sponsorship and exhibition sales
- Developing high-level conference agendas, securing senior industry speakers, and identifying new event revenue streams and formats
- Contributing to content-led promotion, including social media
- Identifying and developing digital offerings out of, or related to, your event series
- Researching competitors’ events through websites, brochures and speaking to competitive speakers in order to add new attendees/speakers to our events and to produce the highest quality agendas possible
- Be known and seen as the lead contact and strategic mind behind the conference
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, thought leaders, industry associations, and media partners
- Occasional national and international travel for both business development and to run our own events (10 – 15%)
- The role focuses on events in the Life Sciences/Pharma sector so experience or knowledge of such is highly desirable and more important than production experience
- 5+ years conference production experience or related content research and development experience
- Experience of successfully creating and producing a series of annual events within a fast paced commercial conference company
- Working knowledge of various segments of Life Sciences industry
- Excellent qualitative research skills
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities and understand how different event formats and sessions can be monetized
- Familiarity with digital world, from community and content marketing through to digital first events, with an interest in building this into your event offerings
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Ability to be open-minded and think creatively and is innovative to develop the series of events
- Four-year college degree
- Business savvy
- Ability to travel occasionally, estimated to be 10 – 15%