Marketing Manager (Media Magazines)
Reporting to the sales director, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Media Magazines team, working across two market-leading print titles and digital news platforms within the television and content delivery sectors, with a key focus on audience growth, traffic building, increasing brand visibility and delivery of client campaigns. The Media Magazines team is part of the Knowledge & Networking Telecoms, Media and Technology division of Informa Plc.
As Marketing Manager you will be responsible for creating and implementing digital campaigns to drive brand awareness, registrations, and ultimately drive visitors and increase traffic across our digital platforms and channels. In addition you will also oversee the day to day management of all client digital campaigns, activity and performance - ensuring all targets are met and that campaigns perform to the highest of standards.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious marketer looking to join a team of established titles at an exciting phase in their development. Investments are being made to ensure all our brands continue to be the place to go for industry professionals and we’re building a team that wants to grow with it.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Identify the best opportunities for growing and increasing our brand’s online presence via digital marketing activity including SEO, Email Marketing, Social Media and Content Marketing
- Increase visitors, page-impressions and time spent online across all digital platforms
- Drive content rich and interactive engagement with our online and social media communities
- Increase newsletter subscriptions and provide detailed demographic analysis of readership base
- Manage media partnerships with internal and external events to ensure high visibility of our brand
- Build & Segment data using the internal database, along with database management to ensure our data is clean, up to date and responsive
- Work closely with clients to manage and deliver campaigns, ensuring their marketing objectives and targets are met
- Work with our in house production team to create marketing collateral for digital campaigns including banner adverts and HTML email templates
- Ongoing monitoring of campaign performance so as to maximise performance and improve conversion rates (including testing different creative formats, messaging, positioning and A-B testing)
- To provide sales and clients with regular updates on campaign performance; including benchmarks, best practice and educational resources on what makes a successful campaign
- Working closely with the sales team to drive awareness of products and generate sales leads.
- To produce media kit collateral in print and online
- To work on our annual awards event, managing marketing campaigns, driving entries and table sales
- Produce monthly team reports on website, newsletter, campaign performance and metrics
- To conduct regular competitor analysis, SWOT analysis and reader/advertiser surveys and other marketing activities which benefit portfolio performance
Essential skills required for this role
- Proven marketing experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years
- Ambitious, self-sufficient individual who has the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced business
- Excellent client facing communication skills, both written and verbal
- A creative thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong copy-writing skills across a variety of formats/channels
- Be able to aid/influence the design and fucntionality of new websites
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and related tracking technologies
- Excellent SEO and social media skills/experience
- Working with email software platforms and HTML familiarity
- Photoshop or In-design (basic skills in either would be a bonus)
Digital TV Europe and Television Business International are well established and respected industry titles with a worldwide subscriber base of c-level executives working in television and video content. We provide the TV industry with the day’s breaking news stories, as well as an informed and strategic insight of the business through our features and analysis pieces.
Our annual awards show, The Content Innovation Awards, celebrate innovation in content, distribution and delivery and the wide-ranging achievements of the companies and individuals who bring video content to the world. https://contentinnovationawards.com/