Taylor & Francis leads the way in Social Science
Taylor & Francis Group Journals is pleased to announce that it is now the largest global publisher of ranked Social Science journals and has seen more titles newly listed in the Social Science Edition of the 2010 Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports (JCR)® than any other publisher.
This is a major highlight as another year of outstanding growth for Taylor & Francis in the Web of Science® and in the JCR is unveiled. 784 Taylor & Francis titles are now included in the Web of Science®. 659 Taylor & Francis titles have been ranked with an impact factor in the 2010 Thomson Reuters JCR.
The number of Taylor & Francis titles included in the Web of Science® has increased by 15% from last year and by 34% from June 2009. The number of JCR-listed journals published by Taylor & Francis Group is 28% higher than in the 2009 release. We have had 110 newly-listed titles in the JCR this year with a further 33 titles due to receive Impact Factors in the next few years.
Taylor & Francis now publishes the top ranked title in 10 subject areas with a further 66 titles ranked in the top ten of their subject category. Further highlights include:
- Advances in Physics now has an Impact Factor of 21.214, which is the fourth consecutive increase for this title;
- Communication Monographs is now the top ranked title in Communication;
- The American Journal of Bioethics has an increased Impact Factor of 3.986 making it once again the top ranked title in six JCR categories: History and Philosophy of Science (Science Edition), History and Philosophy of Science (Social Science Edition), Medical Ethics, Ethics, Social Issues, and Social Science, Biomedical;
- Academy of Management Annals has a 2010 Impact Factor of 5.440 ranking it second out of 140 titles in the Management category;
- We have more journals than any other publisher in several categories including: Ethnic Studies, Communication, Cultural Studies, Linguistics, Political Sciences and Remote Sensing;
- We publish 93 listed titles across all the Psychology categories making us the leader in this subject area;
- The Routledge Education portfolio has the top share by article and title in the Education and Educational Research category, with one in three journals in this category being published by Taylor & Francis.
We are delighted with our recent performance, encapsulated by our Global Journals Publishing Director, Dr David Green, in his comments:
“We take a holistic approach to measuring quality and success at Taylor & Francis. Impact Factors are but one, if significant, measure of reputational quality and prestige within journal publishing. We are proud to have achieved such good results and are fully committed to striving for excellence in all areas of the business. Credit is mainly due, of course, to the hard work of all our authors, academic and scientific editors, peer reviewers and publishing staff.”
For more information go to www.tandfonline.com