Dynamic opportunity to join the Aviation Week Network events group. An exciting position has arisen for a Conference Producer to join the team to help produce and deliver a series of events covering the latest trends in the aviation industry and featuring the top global industry thought leaders. The conference producer will be part of an international team that puts on 10-15 events annually, from 150 person conferences to tradeshows for 13,000 attendees, in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Americas.
The Conference Producer will research, write and deliver high quality and innovative agendas for programme of worldwide events, identifying and recruiting appropriate speakers at the same time as ensuring the marketability and commercial viability of the each conference they are responsible for. Applicants must have a proven track record of conference and content production in a B2B commercial environment and working with a global audience of customers and contributors. The role will help support growth and revenue goals and work directly with senior level leadership. Aviation Week are looking for a strategic conference producer who can take the portfolio to the next level and at the same time look at developing new ideas for events and content areas to help to expand the business.
• To research and produce high quality and innovative agendas for a portfolio of global conferences using in depth phone based and desktop research of key subject areas
• To research important industry topics and keep up to date with industry trends to ensure streams of content are relevant to our audience
• To source, select and secure the participation of high level, industry leading speakers through research, networking, and existing contacts to achieve your target requirements
• To assume full project ownership of each event from a content perspective and to ensure that events run to deadline and to schedule close working with the cross functional team
• To produce all content related copy for your events including sales-driven brochures, websites, direct mail and emails
• To contribute to social media activity for the events through regular participation on LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media channels to nurture a community as well as promote the events
• To be responsible for the onsite delivery of the events through meticulous on-site execution of the conferences to exceptional customer standards
• To provide input for the sales and marketing strategy for the events by identifying and suggesting possible sponsors, supporters and media partners
• To contribute towards portfolio development by generating topics to deliver a forward schedule of commercially viable programmes and to conduct due diligence and assist in the development of new ideas for expanding the portfolio
• To make and maintain relationships with industry stakeholders and the Aviation Week Network client base to develop and build communities around the events in the portfolio
• To work with other departments to ensure all processes are efficient and effective as possible, suggesting new processes where necessary
• To work with the senior management team to grow and enhance the product and service offering across the portfolio to maintain market leadership
Knowledge, Skills, Ability/Competencies
• At least 2-3 years of experience in conference production, preferably in a B2B commercial environment, and a proven track record in creating editorially powerful, well written programmes with innovative, interactive formats across a range of topics and subject areas.
• Educated to degree level
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - written and verbal
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• A high level of commercial awareness and are target and deadline driven
• Strong networking skills
• Ability to quickly understand a market and draw up list of appropriate topics and speakers
• Interest in aerospace/aviation a plus
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Serving over 1.2 million professionals in 185 countries, Aviation Week Network, a division of Informa, is the largest information and services provider to the global commercial, defence, maintenance/repair/overhaul (MRO), space and business aviation communities and plays a critical role in connecting industry professionals worldwide. Aviation Week Network’s event portfolio includes conferences, award ceremonies, exhibitions, symposiums and roundtables produced by ATW, Aviation Week Network and SpeedNews. Our portfolio serves the global civil and military air transport community with the most reliable business, technical and operational news and analysis. We provide the industry with access to leading speakers, professional briefings, aviation forecasts and deliveries, and best practices.