Informa Business Intelligence (BI), part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, is currently looking for an experienced Desktop Support Analyst to join our team in London. The Desktop Support Analyst will be part of a team providing in person and remote first and second line support for over 800 staff across a number of UK sites.
BI provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make smarter decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment. Our portfolio of more than 100 digital subscription products, provides critical intelligence to decision makers and influencers within five core industry verticals: Finance; Agri-Business; Maritime & Law; Telecoms, Media & Technology; & Pharma and Healthcare.
The Desktop Support Analyst will be expected to resolve calls and requests in accordance with defined Service levels; liaise with staff and support teams to ensure the timely resolution of incidents and requests. It will also be necessary to provide technical advice and expertise in relation to desktop hardware and software, provide quick break fix solutions to customer queries and escalate those to the appropriate expert team within a defined time period ensuring information gathering is complete.
You will be a confident team player, with the personal presence, attitude and responsibility to communicate to staff at all levels including VIP’s as guided and instructed by the Technical Services & Support Manager. You will need to have the ability to build a good rapport with your manager and their manager/director while providing excellent customer service to all staff.
- Previous experience in a Service Desk environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication and customer care skills
- Technical understanding of
- Windows 7 / 10
- Microsoft Office 365 including OneDrive
- Active Directory
- McAfee Anti-Virus an associated security
- Network connectivity TCP/IP
- Mobile device support
- General PC hardware maintenance
- Ability to accept a technical problem and see it through to completion
- A problem solver with the ability to act on your own initiative whilst being flexible and pragmatic in approach
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an intelligent and driven Desktop Support Analyst who is looking to build on their within an industry-leading global brand.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV here