Overview of Position:
Conference Researcher / Producer role is a strategic one, and is best suited to candidates with strong commercial acumen.
The role requires market research and liaison with chief executives and senior executives, and as such, the candidate
requires excellent communication and negotiation skills, in addition to the ability to research and identify new and emerging commercial issues and trends.
The individual is responsible for developing several events throughout the year, and meeting production targets and deadlines. The person will be responsible for producing a series of high-level conference events, across one or more industry sectors, and meeting revenue targets. These events are senior level industry forums and may have between 18 to 40 sessions and speakers across 2-3 days, depending on the agreed scale of the event.
You could be a fresh graduate, or a candidate with 1 to 2 years work experience. Individuals with similar / related experience are also welcome to apply.
• Researching the viability of conference topics.
• Contacting the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the market
• Researching in detail the conference program and putting together a complete draft program.
• Contacting potential speakers, mainly by phone, and recruiting them onto the program.
• Creating an advisory board, if deemed necessary.
• Working with the chairman and speakers and sponsors of the conference to secure support to promote the event
• Working as part of a project management team, including marketing, sales, operations
• Writing promotional copy, such as marketing letters, brochure and web copy, as well as press releases
• Writing briefs for marketing, sponsorship and telesales and attending internal team brief meetings
• Running the conference on the day and in particular looking after the speakers. Because events are held regionally throughout Asia, travel outside Singapore will be required
• Monitoring the quality of the speakers’ presentations.
• Building longer term relationships with speakers/sponsors and delegates through industry networking and relationship building.
• Speaking in public. It is necessary for the conference manager to give a brief opening address to introduce the Chairperson at the conference
• Negotiating Speaker fees and expenses and staying within budget guidelines set down by the Divisional Manager
• Meeting production targets and deadlines as outlined by the Conference Director
• High level of confidence and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communicator, both written and oral
• Broad industry knowledge
• Experience in a related profession which involves research and speaking with senior management, such as journalism, executive search and industry sector research
Interested applicants, please submit detailed resumes/CVs.