Informa Business Intelligence (BI), part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to businesses and professionals, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within five core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Our customers across the Maritime sector, range from Governments to Ship-owners who rely on the critical advantage our intelligence & Insight delivers, from on-the-ground reporters and live market-leading data to help mitigate and minimise risk during times of crisis and discover new business opportunities.
Our globally connected analyst team delivers deep data, timely insights, case reporting and highly respected analysis of market developments as well as valuable forecasting and consulting capabilities.
Our mission is to provide a valuable advantage across 5 key industries within the Maritime sector. From news and insight, vessel tracking and casualties; Lloyd’s List & Lloyd’s List Intelligence remains the most trusted intelligence source in global Maritime space, as it has been since 1734.
This role is accountable for meeting and exceeding the monthly, quarterly and annual orders and sales targets of the Maritime & Law such that it achieves sustainable, profitable Growth. The Maritime & Law Vertical produces £44m in revenue from four strategic revenue streams. These are Subscriptions, Consulting, Marketing Services and one time sales. The sales team comprises of 5 sales professionals based in Singapore.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - APAC Region
- Establishing and executing sales strategy for the Maritime & Law
- The planning and implementation of the sales coverage model
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets in line with the verticals goal and BI compensation architecture.
- The recruitment, professional development and retention of sales representatives
- The creation and execution of account plans for key accounts.
- The creation and execution of territory plans for business development
- The execution of best practice pipeline and opportunity management and disciplined usage of the company system of record for CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Timely and accurate forecasting of orders and sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Quarterly and annual performance appraisal and management of sales representatives
- Establishing and maintaining a positive morale and motivation across the sales team
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Orders and sales meeting and exceeding the vertical goal
- Value based renewal rates to exceed 90%
- Volume based Renewal Rates to exceed 80%
- Year 1 Volume based renewal rates to exceed 70%
- Voluntary attrition not to exceed 15%
- Management of the department to the allocated headcount and budget.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven experience leading similar sized sales teams preferably in Business Information/Intelligence.
- Understanding the business policies to grow a subscription business
- Ideally knowledge of the Maritime & Law industry and its customers.
- Enthusiastic towards your work. No results can be achieved without showing the dedicated passion.
- Excel at report preparations, and data analysis work with a successful track record of budgeting and forecasting.
- An impressive personality to communicate effectively with clients and internal teams
- Able to cope up with working under deadlines
- Proven yourself growing teams, nurturing talent and maximizing effectiveness of team performance both in house and those remotely from a Key Account basis through to business development and SME sales
- A degree in any discipline (Business related degree’s preferable)
- Highly developed business acumen and ability to understand the wider issues of the Maritime & Law industry
- High standards of working to team KPIs and delivering an ethos of winning methods rather than just winning results