Protein Analyst | Informa Economics IEG, Memphis, TN
Informa Economics IEG, a World Leader in Commodity, Food Industry, Agribusiness, Transportation and Energy Research and Consulting, is seeking a Protein Analyst to join its team in Memphis, TN, Minneapolis, MN, Washington DC .
Protein Analyst position within the Informa Economics IEG Livestock, Meat, Poultry and Dairy Group involving comprehensive supply and demand analyses for US and global livestock, meat, dairy and poultry markets, including price forecasts and development of price risk management strategies for clients across the global food and agriculture spectrum. The analyst is responsible for maintaining and providing backup for Informa IEG’s fundamental supply/demand work for the assigned commodity group(s), providing a continually-updated base of information for Informa IEG’s client advisory personnel and for direct communication of information to clients. The position also involves working cooperatively with other areas of the Agribusiness Intelligence vertical, contributing expertise to consulting projects and other activities as needed. Analysts convey the results of their research through a variety of outlets including internal meetings, written reports for delivery to clients, the IEG Vantage platform. formal presentations and informal interactions with clients via telephone and email. This position will form a critical bridge between Informa IEG's research and the application of research to client decisions.
Analysts have developed a high degree of expertise with respect to the commodity groups and will have client contact as a part of their on-going activity.
- A good grasp of the basic economics of the assigned supply chain and of both cash and futures commodity markets.
- An interest in learning about businesses located in the commodity supply chain, particularly the risks and challenges they face operating in commodity markets.
- A passion for commodity markets and how they operate.
- Superior written and oral communications skills are also required.
- Excellent MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience conducting economic or market research.
- Experience with respect to supply-chain management, procurement in the meat, livestock, poultry or dairy areas.
- BS Agricultural Economics