KNect365 Life Sciences, formerly IBC Life Sciences and IIR, and a division of Informa, is a leader in quality education and networking through conferences and training, and part of the largest publicly owned events business in the world. We continue to invest in our portfolio of events and our Boston office presence and we want you to be a part of our success.
We are looking for a creative, motivated, well-organized, and detail-oriented individual to join our team to support the Product development, Marketing, and Operations functions, as well as support the needs of the downtown Boston office. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn our business, demonstrate excellence, grow into other roles, and play a key part in our success!
You will be responsible for supporting the Life Sciences leadership team, making sure the Boston office is running smoothly, and helping support products and projects for the Event Producers, Marketers, and Operations teams as needed. The event business is complex with lots of moving parts and you will play a role in bringing it all together.
The Office & Project Coordinator will be adept at handling a wide range of administrative and executive support duties, at jumping into to numerous projects as needed, and will be able to work independently with little supervision. This is a highly visible role and he/she must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy the challenges of supporting a diverse and geographically dispersed group of people with one common goal in mind.
This is a unique opportunity to not only work in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving business, but also to be a part of the largest conference company in the world.
Office Coordinator - 40%
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Serve as the primary contact for maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, invoices, and all building/office communications
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary
- Code and submit monthly rent payments, building invoices, and more
- Plan office lunches and events as needed
- Provide travel, expense, meeting, and related support for Management team
- Sustainability coordinator - plan the annual walk the world charity event for the office, coordinate further activities/participation for office staff with the office partner charity
- Manage building security guest access lists and greet our guests
- Travel software super user
- Oversee evacuation procedures in the event of an actual emergency, or during a drill
- Maintain regular reports on office safety
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
Project Coordinator - 60%
- Help keep our team well organized!
- Create, update, and maintain central OneDrive access to relevant files for team sharing/collaboration
- Prepares sales, marketing, and strategy presentations
- Update event Websites and speaker databases/templates on an ongoing basis
- Help with data gathering, market research, competitor research, list acquisition, and more
- Support digital product execution
- Help manage event production timelines
- Monitor event contract dates and generate email reminders monthly
- Assist with event housing/hotel contacts as needed
- Manage team call schedules and maintain meeting minutes as needed
- Possess a 4-year college degree from an accredited university
- Possess 1 – 3 years of related office/project support experience
- Have excellent communication & inter-personal skills
- Be ambitious, hard-working, and intelligent, with a positive, can do attitude
- Love jumping in to help out in any scenario where that help is needed
- Be very well organized and an excellent time manager with ability to balance many different tasks at any one time
- Be self-sufficient and a self-starter who gets things done
- Be able to travel occasionally, approximately 10%
- Event/conference experience a plus!