Senior Marketing Executive
17 Jan 2018
The Senior Marketing Executive/ Asst Marketing Manager/ Manager is responsible for development of the overall promotional, communication and publicity strategies to meet exhibitor and attendee participation goals outlined in the marketing plans. Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring show marketing strategy (print, web-based and social media), executing plan and budget, and management of the creative process. Innovate campaign process and improve efficiencies in all areas. Contribute to continued improvements in campaign planning, execution and analysis through effective teamwork and systems.
- Campaign Management and Execution: Manage and execute marketing plans to ensure targeted, creative and cost effective campaigns are delivered and achieve results. Challenge existing methods and suggest new innovative ideas that are tangible and realistic and appropriate for the Asia region. This includes pre-planning meeting to discuss plan and schedules, including review of creative prior to execution. Integrate show web site to mirror direct mail and social media campaign and identify new ways to leverage outreach of show sites with new partnerships. Work closely with show partners (i.e., associations, publications, etc.) on promoting exhibitor, visitor and Hosted Buyer participation in the shows.
- Time Management: Prepare the marketing time and action plans, outlining key tasks and deadlines for each element of the campaign. Ensure that each task is delivered on time. Able to work independently and manage a few event campaigns concurrently.
- Cost Control: Manage the marketing event budgets effectively to ensure delivery of all aspects of the required plan within budget.
- Market Knowledge: Gain a good understanding of the individual markets that the shows operate in. Monitor competitive activity and read trade press to keep up-to-date with the latest industry news. Attend key client meetings with Exhibition Directors/ Sales Managers to ensure that the level of knowledge is being updated.
- Websites: on-going maintenance and development of show websites, ensure they are up to date at all times.
- Email: set up and send out all English and other language emails and report on delivery open rates.
- Social media: develop and implement strong social media campaigns, and contribute to social media activity and encourage media and association partners, exhibitors etc. to contribute too. Monitor and report on social media engagement.
- Database: Manage the database system and oversee database building and maintenance.
- Build and manage relationships with show partners: Manage international and regional media partners, associations, sponsors and other market driven relationships.
- Reporting: track and monitor all marketing activity and provide reports accordingly with the aim of improving campaign effectiveness, produce post event marketing analysis report.
Background Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years progressively responsible positions in a Business-to-Business marketing environment
- Good understanding and knowledge of Internet marketing and Social Media is a must
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Strong writing skills (copywriting for marketing collaterals, press releases, sales & marketing presentation materials to promote events)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Chinese language – must be able to read and write Mandarin competently
- Familiarity with Vietnam language is a definite plus
- Ability to assess and recommend areas for overall improvement to the business is essential
- Tradeshow Industry experience preferred
- Ability and flexibility to travel, approximately 3-6 times per year
Division: Global Exhibitions
Business unit: Informa Exhibitions
Closing date: 16 Mar 2018